Pesto Tuna Melts
Pesto tuna melts are a quick, easy and delicious lunch-time meal that takes hardly any effort. Pesto butter is spread on your bread of choice, which is then topped with a pesto tuna salad and shredded mozzarella. Pop it under the broiler for melty pesto goodness.
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp pesto divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 2 slices bread ie. baguette, sourdough bread, etc.
- fresh garnish ie. sprouts, sliced radishes, arugula, etc
Drain the tuna and add it to a small mixing bowl along with the mayonnaise, herbs, and half the pesto.
Mix the tuna salad and adjust seasonings to taste.
In a small dish, stir up the butter with the remaining pesto.
Turn on the oven's broiler.
Spread the pesto butter on the bread and add the tuna salad and cheese.
Pop the open-faced sandwiches into the oven and broil them until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
Dress the melts with a fresh garnish and serve immediately.
- Consider toasting the bread in advance if you want a crunchier tuna melt.
- Have fun playing around with the ingredients ie. the herbs, spices, cheese, and bread. There are so many possibilities when it comes to tuna melts!