Roasted Beet Salad with an Orange Vinaigrette
This refreshing beet salad shines with citrus dressing, fresh dill, walnuts and goat cheese. It's sure to be a hit!
- 12 small beets
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- goat cheese to your heart's content
FOR THE ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375ºF and scrub the beets clean.
Slice the tops and bottoms off the beets and bundle them up in a tinfoil packet with a wee bit of water.
Roast the beets for 45 minutes, or until you can pierce through them with a knife. Let them cool.
Prepare the vinaigrette by adding all of the ingredients into a jar and shaking until homogenous. You may also use a blender.
Peel the beets and slice them (half moons).
Add half of the dressing and toss it with the beets, shallots and dill.
Finish with the walnuts and as much goat cheese as you can handle.
- The recipe for the vinaigrette makes extra dressing in case you want a saucier beet salad.
- Beet salad is best prepared a day ahead to give the flavours time to meld.
- Will keep for up to a week in the fridge.